Inspection & Report Fees
INSPECTION & REPORT – completed within 3 working days
This detailed report includes measurements of all construction inspected, and detailed descriptions with photos of defects in the construction materials and installations. Defects on exterior surfaces that allow water infiltration will be identified, as they can result in deterioration of exterior and interior building materials.
Condominiums/Apartments – in high rise buildings
Minimum up to 2000 sq. ft. (215 m2) $350 over 2000 sq. ft. add $100
Single-Family Homes, Townhouses & Villas – free-standing, in subdivisions or in horizontal condominiums, attached or detached.
Construction Size Fee
- Minimum up to 1999 sq. ft. (185 m2) $425
- 2000 to 3999 sq. ft. (186 to 372 m2) $475
- 4000 to 6000 sq. ft. (373 to 557 m2) $525
Land, Roof & Premium Reports – Quoted based on the scope of the work and the location
- Fees are for the areas from Ciudad Colón to Paseo Colón and Escazu to Alajuela. Inspections outside these areas, add $50 per hour travel time and lodging if overnight.
- Homes & buildings over 6000 sq. ft. (557m2) will cost an additional $100.
- Pools/Spas with pumps and equipment cost an additional $50 per structure.
- Guest apartments or separate structures that have independent mechanical installations cost an additional $50 per structure.
- Multi-Family, hotel, motel or bed & breakfasts that have more than four bedrooms with bathrooms will cost an additional $50 per room.
- Standard terms of local payment are 50% at the time of the on-site inspection and 50% upon completion of the inspection report.
- Clients without a local bank account should pay the entire fee in advance.
Tom Rosenberger – www.CostaRicaHomeBuilder.com – 506-8364-1989