Thorough Construction Inspections and Detailed Reports in Costa Rica since 1992.
If you are considering the purchase of existing housing, my inspection and detailed report will provide you with all the knowledge you need to determine if the housing you are interested in purchasing has been completed properly, according to the local building codes and the quality standards you are accustomed to.
If you are considering the purchase of a building lot or raw land, I will help you determine if the property you are considering to purchase is appropriate for building the housing you have envisioned.
- Considering the purchase of a home or condominium and want to make sure that all building materials and installation procedures have been completed properly, prior to closing.
- Currently own or want to purchase existing housing for renovation
- Considering the purchase of land and want to insure it is suitable for a new home
- Own existing property and wish to build on it
- Inspection of existing housing to determine the current state of construction and detail incomplete installations or defects and their associated costs to complete, repair or replace.
- Inspection of raw land or developed lots to determine if the property is suitable to construct the housing you envision.
Part of providing a complete housing or land inspection is not only having, but also learning to use the appropriate tools and instruments to properly complete the inspection. Here are some of the instruments I utilize.
Wagner C 575 Concrete Moisture Meter – This professional grade, electronic meter, enables me to assess moisture conditions in concrete floors and walls with electromagnetic wave technology.
Wagner MMC 220 Wood Moisture Meter – This professional grade electronic meter allows me to adjust the specific gravity for all species of hardwoods. l locate and analyze wood that has cracked, warped or shrunk due to abnormal humidity conditions, many times caused by water infiltration inside of dwellings.
Meterman TRH22 Relative Humidity Temperature Meter – This laboratory grade meter measures relative humidity and temperature, in Celsius or Fahrenheit, within a 10% resolution up to 100%, to establish exterior and interior parameters of small areas such as ductwork or any dwellings current conditions.
GB Instruments Multi-Meter – When troubleshooting excessive moisture in floors, walls or ceilings of construction projects, most times electricity has been previously installed. With my Multi-Meter, I can determine the location and strength of AC Voltage as well as proper grounding and polarization for personal safety as well as for protection of electronic equipment.
My home inspection services are widely recommended by the most prominent real estate companies in Costa Rica such as: